CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) announced today that it will host the 2013 dotBlue conference. The annual symposium focuses on using the latest digital and web strategies to address the health insurance industry’s most pressing challenges. This year’s conference, titled Connecting the Dots, will focus on helping consumers understand and navigate health care reform.
The conference will take place at BCBSNC’s Durham campus from Oct. 23-25, 2013. Conference attendance is limited to Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan professionals.
Participating Blue Plans will be invited to present on relevant topics of their choice. In addition, attendees will participate in presentations about using the latest in web design and digital technology to address the changes coming to health insurance in 2014, including:
- Pursuit of the
- Presented by Robert D. Furberg, senior clinical informaticist at RTI International’s Center for the Advancement of Health Information Technology
- Designing for Understanding
- Presented by Stephen P. Anderson, author of “Seductive Interactive Design”
- Sharing Technology Solutions and Best Practices Across the Blues
- Presented by Michael B. Yetter, SDLC Partners healthcare industry lead
- Leveraging the Digital Channel to Drive Consumer Engagement
- Presented by:
- Matthew Penwell, BCBSNC director of the Web Office
- Brian Caveney, BCBSNC vice president and medical director of Healthcare Consulting
- Deborah Jenkins, BCBSNC senior program manager for Consumer Transparency
- Presented by:
BCBSNC will announce additional conference details, including which Blue Plans are participating, this fall.
About Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is a leader in delivering innovative health care products, services and information to more than 3.74 million members, including approximately 1 million served on behalf of other Blue Plans. For generations, the company has served its customers by offering health insurance at a competitive price and has served the people of North Carolina through support of community organizations, programs and events that promote good health. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina was recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute in 2012 and 2013. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Visit BCBSNC online at bcbsnc.com. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.