- BCBSNC customers can quickly and securely access current benefit information, claims, doctor search tool, closest urgent care center or information about prescription drugs.
- Users enter www.bcbsnc.com on their mobile device browser and can log in directly to BCBSNC’s award-winning Member Services site. No app download is necessary.
- Mobile website supports both Android and Apple (iOS) platforms.
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. –Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) recently launched a mobile website that provides its more than 3.6 million customers with easy access to their health care information on the go. BCBSNC worked with Kony Solutions, a leading mobile platform provider, to develop and deploy the site.
“Health care can be both expensive and confusing for consumers, but it doesn’t have to be,” said Michael Parkerson, vice president of marketing for BCBSNC. “By providing access to our most popular cost-saving tools and services via mobile devices, we are empowering BCBSNC customers and making it easier to make more informed decisions.”
Users simply type bcbsnc.com into their mobile web browser for secure log in directly to BCBSNC’s award-winning Member Services site and access the services they need most. The new mobile website is compatible with Android and Apple (iOS) devices, with no app download required.
The new mobile website allows users to:
- View claims (authenticated users)
- See current plan benefit information (authenticated users)
- Find a doctor
- Get estimated treatment costs (authenticated users)
- Find the closest urgent care centers (based on GPS location)
- Find less expensive prescription drugs
- Compare and shop for individual and family under 65 plans
- Contact customer service
"We recognize that health care companies like BCBSNC have sizeable investments in systems and processes to support the delivery of care, and must also take a proactive approach to providing convenient access to information for their health plan members," said Aaron Kaufman, Kony’s vice president and general manager for healthcare and life science solutions. "By investing in its mobile strategy, BCBSNC can continue to increase brand awareness, improve the member experience and drive mobile adoption among its members.”
About Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is a leader in delivering innovative health care products, services and information to more than 3.6 million members, including approximately 900,000 served on behalf of other Blue Plans. For 78 years, the company has served its customers by offering health insurance at a competitive price and has served the people of North Carolina through support of community organizations, programs and events that promote good health. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Visit BCBSNC online at bcbsnc.com.
About Kony Solutions
Kony is the industry’s leading mobile application platform provider, with more than 60 of the Fortune 500 among its customers. In 2011 Kony was named a “Visionary” in Mobile Consumer Application Platforms by the Gartner Group. For more information, please visit www.kony.com. Connect with Kony on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
# # #