CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Saturday, Nov. 15 marks the launch of the second Annual Enrollment Period for individual health insurance plans under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). North Carolinians will begin re-enrolling or signing up for the first time for coverage effective in 2015. The Annual Enrollment Period will run through Feb. 15, 2015. December 15, 2014, is the deadline for enrolling for coverage beginning Jan. 1, 2015.
BCBSNC is offering tools and resources to help North Carolinians understand their unique situation and choose the right health insurance plan. These include:
- Extended Customer Service hours for BCBSNC customers, Monday through Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.; and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Blue Map, an online tool for current customers with information about selecting a health insurance plan and clear next steps, visit bcbsnc.com/bluemap
- Frequently asked questions for all consumers and ACA plan information, available on bcbsnc.com/AEP beginning Nov. 15
- Hundreds of in-person events with local agents and company representatives, blog.bcbsnc.com/events, this listing will be updated monthly
- Seven BCBSNC retail stores across the state providing face-to-face help with questions, visit bcbsnc.com/stores for locations and hours
- Local, independent licensed agents across the state
- Materials and agents to assist with Spanish-speaking consumers, bcbsnc.com/azul
“The enrollment period is only three months long, so it’s key for North Carolinians to know the deadlines for coverage, understand their personal health care needs and research the plan that is best for them and their family,” said Gary Bolt, BCBSNC vice president of individual and small group sales. “These resources are available to customers so they can ask questions that are specific to their situation to make an informed decision.”
For 2015, BCBSNC is offering a broad range of plans and networks for customers to choose from in all 100 counties, more than any other insurer serving North Carolina on the Health Insurance Marketplace1. As many as 35 plan options are available on and off the Health Insurance Marketplace, allowing consumers to choose the level of coverage they want at a price they are willing to pay. North Carolinians can compare plans beginning Nov. 15 by visiting bcbsnc.com.
Consumers who do not select a plan during the 2015 Annual Enrollment Period may be without coverage until Jan. 1, 2016, unless they quality for a special enrollment period at some point during the year.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is a leader in delivering innovative health care products, services and information to more than 3.84 million members, including approximately 1 million served on behalf of other Blue Plans. Since 1933, the company has served its customers by offering health insurance at a competitive price and has served the people of North Carolina through support of community organizations, programs and events that promote good health. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina was recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Visit BCBSNC online at bcbsnc.com.
- 2015 NCDOI rate filing